Wednesday 18 March 2015

When I (Finally) Return to Vancouver

I have a laundry list of places I'd like to go eat!  Now Southern food is great, don't get me wrong, but it's almost too great!  I love greasy food (carbs!) but I have the world's most sensitive stomach so a lot of foods tend to make me feel very sick down here.  This means that I've been cooking a lot at home and can afford to eat out a lot when we make it back home to Vancouver!  These are the restaurants I dream of:

1) Earl's: Chicken, Brie, and Apple sandwich...with half fries (love) and half salad (to avoid feeling overly guilty).  And swap out garlic mayo for regular mayo and no fig jam.  

2) Romer's x2: first time would be for a quinoa burger with no tomato and no goat cheese.  Add an order of fries with the bacon mayo (to prove I'm not a vegetarian...not that there's anything wrong with that but BACON!).  The second time would be for a Man's Man burger with no tomato - I can comfortably finish about 2/3 of this but it is so good that it's worth it.  And, of course, fries with bacon mayo.

3) Rain or Shine: the best salted caramel ice cream.  And homemade waffle cones.  I could eat this everyday.

4) Novo: Burrata pizza - pizza with no garlicky tomato sauce is a dream come true.  Add fresh basil and fresh mozzarella and I am so there!  This also was where our wedding rehearsal dinner was so it holds as a special place in my heart!

5) Secret Garden x2: I need (okay, would really like to) to go for high tea here because it's one of my favourite experiences.  And they also have pretty good egg salad croissant sandwiches so you can bet I'll be doing a take out of that at some point!

6) Lee's Donuts: best donut in the city is the honey glazed.  When I used to go for early morning runs, they would be warm and would be just the best!

7) Campagnolo: the fried chickpeas to start. They have an amazing simple spaghetti with tomato sauce but I would get the gnocchi with beef shank.  The menu here changes a lot so we hadn't been for awhile.  I hope they don't change anything before we get home!  They also do a family style dinner with bigger parties and that was super fun when we did it in the past!  You get to try everything that you wouldn't normally order (if you're like me!).

8) Cartem's Donuts:  the bee sting donut.  It's honey dipped with Parmesan and pepper on top.  I thought I would hate it but I love it.  PJ thinks I'm weird.  Their original donut is still very good!

9) De Dutch: for some reason (probably my over-sensitive tummy), I don't enjoy going out breakfast.  It feels too greasy to me.  I eat porridge every morning at home but going out for brunch is never one of my favourites.  I also enjoy the heavy things (pancakes!) so that contributes to feeling sick.  Except.  I LOVE Dutch pannekoekens.  And they never make me feel sick.  So now, what I want the experience of brunch, I like to go here!  And man do I miss it! 

10) Hy's: does it really matter what I get as long as cheese bread accompanies it?  😊. Okay, this probably shouldn't be on this list but I do really love their cheese bread.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment